Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein
Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein powder is a very popular sports supplement used for breakfasts, daily snacks and for fast digestion protein shakes right after workouts.
Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein is 100% grass-fed whey protein that comes from pasture raised dairy cows and is gluten-free, soy-free, antibiotic-free, rGBH/rBST hormone-free. Also, it doesn't contain artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, and is GMO-free protein powder.
Updated: August 18, 2020.
Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein is undenatured and is manufactured using cold micro-filtration process in order to protect bioactivity and naturally occurring growth factors. During manufacturing process, whey is never bleached or processed using chemicals. Also, it contains no fillers.
Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein is available in two packages (2 and 5 pounds) and several flavors. Nutritional content of the flavors is very similar and is given in the following comparison chart:
Nutrient content differ slightly from flavor to flavor, with the nutrient content listed in the following table:
|Flavor||Unflavored||Vanilla Bean||Vanilla Cinnamon||Pure Chocolate||Chocolate Mocha|
|Amazon Link||Unflavored||Vanilla Bean||Vanilla Cinnamon||Pure Chocolate||Chocolate Mocha|
Note: Amazon affiliate links open in the new windows, feel free to check them for most up-to-date prices and offers.
Main protein source in Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein is grass fed whey protein concentrate.
Serving size of Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein is 30g and each serving of Unflavored 'flavor' on average has 25g of proteins, of which is almost 6g BCAA (Branched-Chain Amino Acids).
Carbs are rather low - just 3 grams of total carbs, of which are 2g of naturally occurring sugars.
Fats are also rather low - just 2 grams per serving.
Sodium and cholesterol are also present, but they are relatively low. For people wanting to increase their calcium intake, note that one serving of Unflavored 'flavor' contains ~130mg of calcium.
Other flavors have similar macro- and micro-nutrients values as well.
Each flavor has slightly different ingredients, but the grass fed whey protein concentrate is the same for each flavor:
- Unflavored: grass fed whey protein concentrate, non-GMO sunflower lecithin,
- Vanilla Bean: grass fed whey protein concentrate, vanilla extract powder, non-GMO sunflower lecithin, monk fruit extract, stevia leaf extract,
- Vanilla Cinnamon: grass fed whey protein concentrate, cinnamon, vanilla extract powder, non-GMO sunflower lecithin, monk fruit, stevia leaf extract,
- Pure Chocolate: grass fed whey protein concentrate, cacao powder, non-GMO sunflower lecithin, monk fruit extract, stevia leaf extract,
- Chocolate Mocha: grass fed whey protein concentrate, decaffeinated coffee powder, cacao powder, non-GMO sunflower lecithin, monk fruit extract, stevia leaf extract.
Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein are also tested for heavy metals and other pollutants with the following results:
- Arsenic: <10.00 ppb
- Cadmium: <5.00 ppb
- Lead: <5.00 ppb
- Mercury: <5.00 ppb
Also, the Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein is certified bleach (Benzoyl Peroxide) free.
As one can see, Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein is premium whey protein supplement and thus, it is not the cheapest on the market - but, what you pay is what you get.
Since the Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein comes in two packages (2 and 5 pounds), 2 pounds packages are IMHO good for testing, while 5 pounds packages are good for everyday use.
As protein powder, Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein may be used for increasing daily protein intake in several occasions:
- breakfasts and daily snacks: when mixed with certain foods like milk, yogurt, juice, fruits, oats, low fat cheese and similar, whey protein doesn't digest as fast as mixed with just plain water.
- bedtime protein shakes and smoothies: by mixing with low fat cheese, cottage cheese, various nuts (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc.), peanut butter and other similar, slow digesting foods, one gets slow digesting smoothies that feed the body for hours with constant flow of nutrients.
- protein shakes after workouts: when mixed with just water and some fast carbs, Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein is digested very quickly (60-90 minutes), quickly increasing the levels of amino acids in blood stream and in combination with fast carbs, causes insulin spike resulting in cells (muscle fibers included) quickly taking in the available nutrients, speeding up recovery and regeneration after workouts.
When preparing protein shakes, be sure to use dry shakers and add water just before making and consuming the protein shakes.
Thanks to added lecithin, Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein mixes well with water - some foam is created, but it settles quickly.
Taste of the flavors - author of this article is 'chocoholic', and prefers 'Pure Chocolate'. Flavors are generally OK, even when mixed with water. When mixed with other foods, flavors tend to blend in, giving the smoothies additional fragrance.
Long Story Short: If you are looking for premium whey protein concentrate, consider Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein. It is gluten free, soy free, antibiotic free, rGBH/rBST hormone free, GMO free and it doesn't contain artificial flavors and artificial sweeteners.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check Levels 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein Amazon link (link opens in the new window).